Friday, January 10, 2014

Shine!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe is inviting her readers to choose a word that will be 'their guiding light' for the year and to make a banner for it.

The word that I have have chosen is "Shine!"

By this I mean:
...to put my best foot forward
...to be the best I can be in anything I do
...to 'put myself out there'; pursue new challenges and share my gifts
...and to help others shine as well.

Last year I was the lucky winner of Victoria's book '15 minutes play'. I picked  from my stash of yellow and orange scraps to 'make' some fabric, as Victoria refers to it,  


cut the fabric into strips,


and free-pieced the letters.





Once quilted, my banner will hang in my studio as a daily reminder to remember my intention for the year. 


If you want to see what word others have chosen hope on over to the '15 minutes play' blog.

What will your word be for 2014?  


5 comments:

  1. I love the little star - how perfect for the word shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea ... and the star is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, and what a beautiful illustration of the word "shine".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great word, Cinzia! I love your banner to - a beautiful way to keep your word in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great word and the colors are perfect. My word is "breathe"

    ReplyDelete