Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I humbly accept this award...

Last week I received a lovely little award from an admirer of my blog. Elaine, who blogs at Dashasel Sews, awarded me the Liester Blog Award.  Here's what it means:


The Liebster award (German for favorite) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less. As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs.

Today I am paying it forward to 5 other deserving bloggers.

The first is for Josée from The Charming Needle. Josée and I 'met' a few months ago in Flickr, where we discovered that we both share a love for modern quilting and we both live in Montreal. We've since teamed up in person and  co-founded the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild

Sue, is someone else with whom I connected through Flickr when I participated in a mug rug swap.  She was my secret swap partner. Sue blogs at So-Sue, where she shares her love of sewing quilting and knitting.  I especially love her appliqué work. Her work is so precise!

Alexis blogs at Materials and Method. I first took notice of her work when I spotted this beauty on flickr. I love this quilt for its imperfections and whimsical nature.

Stacey quilts from Peppermint Pinwheels, makes some beautiful modern quilts.  I especially love her improv style. This one is an absolute favorite of mine!


Debbie, who blogs at Esch House Quilts, deserves mentioning even though she has 202 followers.  Debbie's modern quilts have such a serene simplicity to them.  One of her designs is being featured int he Summer issue of Stitch Magazine. See it here


Be sure to drop in on these lovely ladies!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Cinzia! This is so funny, I received the Liebster award a few weeks ago. However, most of the blogs I follow have more than 200 followers. So, I was taking some time to find blogs I really appreciate. Anyway, I didn't take the time to pass it along yet. But, you were definitely on top of the list. Same for Debbie who's style I love also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much, Cinzia. This is so exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a look at my blog. I just passed it back to you! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you all. Cinzia, I love your work. Well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete