Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Craving A Little Sunshine: QIP

The idea for this quilt came about a few weeks ago, when I looked out the window and saw the glaring sun reflecting off the snow covered lawn with just a peek of green grass showing through.


A little tease of the sunshine-y days ahead!



The overall design of the quilt is inspired by the the wonderfully wonky log cabin quilts I've seen on flickr
The elongated blocks also mimic the wall of windows we have at the cottage.  It's so beautiful to look outside them in the winter!

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous...makes me thing of lemons! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love the bright colors and the wonkiness of the blocks. Very inspiring; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw and commented on Flickr before coming here to read about your inspiration for this quilt, Cinzia. I think we're on the same wavelength! lol

    So fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and love hearing about your inspiration. I've just blogged a bit about your blog here and awarded you the Liebster Award. http://dashasel.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - and very sunshine-y!!!

    ReplyDelete