Monday, September 19, 2011

Red Cross Quilt (cont'd)

For the back of my Red Cross quilt, I wanted to invert the color scheme. 
Here red becomes the background color.
The crosses, done in miniature this time, were pieced in the same manner as the large cross in the front.

 


Usually, when I get to this point in a quilt, I let it sit (or hang) for a few days while I think about how I want to quilt it.  It's always a hard decision, especially when I like how it looks so far.  I am always nervous about messing it up. 



It think concentric circles (like this) would look nice except that I've never done them before.  I am afraid my circles wouldn't be perfect. I haven't ruled out quilting it by hand as I would have better control (like this quilt here. Stunning job!).



If you have suggestions as to how to proceed, I would appreciate any advice you can give me.  I am open to other ideas concerning the quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cinzia!! Thanks for showing my blog link! I LOVED hand quilting using concentric circles...it was soooo easy! I started with a 2 inch circle in the middle and then 'guess-ta-mated/measured' my circles 1 1/2 inches apart....and then around and around she went!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to my blog post about concentric circle quilting! Do let me know if I can help at all. I found that the inner circles were the hardest, once I was beyond a 20cm diameter it started to get easier (or maybe I got more practise...).

    ReplyDelete