Thursday, September 29, 2011

QIP

A while back I made a scrappy star cover for my sewing machine:
And I love this pattern so much that I wanted to make a quilt with the same pattern.

To work out how big to make my squares and how many to cut, I started with a small sketch:


(the finished quilt will be 36 X 36, made up of 9-12X12in. blocks)
(each block consisting of 9  4in. squares)
Allowing for the seam allowance I cut squares at 4.5in. (blue for the background, floral for the center of the star).
For the points of the stars, I pulled colors from the floral fabric. These all came from my scrap bins...

...to be continued.



4 comments:

  1. Very cute cover. Your stitching looks so neat! Can't wait to see more of your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that cover is so beautiful! Can't wait to see the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cinzia...love to see you do a tut on either the scrapy star quilt or sewing cover in Christmas theme for our comfort and joy theme for December at sew we quilt...if interested..please connect...this is lovely..mdm samm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cover is so pretty! I love the stars and the colors you chose for them.

    ReplyDelete